(*) This program was ended and transferred its entire operation to the NUCB Business School from September 2019.
With the objective of contributing to the development of human resources who would invigorate the Japanese economy, IIST operates the Case Center Japan. The main purpose of this activity is to promote and utilize the case method of learning, which is recognized worldwide as being effective as an educational means to horn the skills of timely and appropriate decision making, which are important in the conduct of economic activities. The Case Center Japanâs operation is implemented in cooperation with Japanese and international educational institutions.
The Case Center Japan has a three-category membership system: academic, professional, and general public. For these members, who are engaged in human resource development using the case method in both the public and private sectors, various services are provided to meet their needs, from the sales of domestic and international cases to the holding of workshops to enhance skills in the discussion leadership, which are essential for the effective use of the case method.
(Note: Case Center Japan site is only available in Japanese.)
- ãCase Method Introductory Seminar Part 3: Cases as a teaching material [March 20, 2014]
- ãCase Method Introductory Seminar Part 2: How to teach by the case method [January 23, 2014]
- ãCase Method Introductory Seminar Part 1: How to design management training with the case method [November 29, 2013]
- ãFaculty Development Meeting at the Graduate School of Business Administration, University of Kitakyushu [August 3, 2013]
- ãFaculty Development Seminar at Doshisha Business School [February 6, 2013]
- ãInteractive Session for Corporate Trainers: Case Method in Corporate Training-Their Opportunities and Risks [July 26, 2011]
- ãCase Method Teaching Workshop for Practitioners: Focusing on Teaching Objectives, Lesson Plan and Discussion Lead Skills [May 27, 2011]
- ãCCJ Case Method Workshop [December 04, 2009]
- ãWorkshop on Case Method Course Design [September 11-12, 2009]
- ãSymposium on the âProgram for Distinctive University Educationâ of the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology âWhat Can Be Expected of the Case Method: Practical Collaboration in Various Educational Areasâ(Tokyo) [March 5, 2009]
- ãCase Method Teaching Symposium (Kansai) “Assessing the Effect and Significance of Producing Case-Method Teaching Materials” [February 14, 2009]
- ãWorkshop on Case Method Teaching Methodology: To Improve Discussion Leadership Skills for Learning Effectiveness [January 26-27, 2009]
- ãCase Writing Workshop (Fukuoka) [2008/09/15]
- ãCase Method Workshop at International University of Health and Welfare, Graduate School [July 23, 2008]
- ãCase Method Teaching Seminar: How classes are prepared for and conducted at Harvard Business School [June 26, 2008]
- ãSymposium on “Case Method of Instruction and Cases” [2008/3/4,13]