Human Resources Development for Trade and Investment Insurance
To strengthen trade and investment insurance agencies in the APEC region, export credit agencies (ECA) in the region co-implemented the following measures in fiscal 2002.
1. Survey on training needs (in 2001)
2. Expert workshop for preparing curricula (in Manila in January 2002)
3. Seminar on underwriting (in Bangkok in June 2002)
4. High-level risk management seminar (in Kuala Lumpur in August 2002)
5. Basic course on trade and investment insurance (in Manila in September 2002)
6. Internship training(in Seoul in September 2002)
7. ECA senior executive forum (in Tokyo in November 2002)
8. Training seminar for trainers (in Jakarta in February 2003)
Date: November 11, 2002
Co-organized by: Nippon Export and Investment Insurance (NEXI)
APEC members attended. Participants evaluated project results and discussed future challenges, focusing on the telecommunications market and environmental issues.
IIST co-organized this meeting, thereby contributing to cooperation among APEC-related organizations.
As the final stage of the five year APEC project on human resources development for trade and investment insurance agencies, the meeting provided participants with an opportunity to establish a top-level network, exchanging opinions on issues common to ECAs in the APEC region. It promised to promote ongoing cooperation in human resources development activities.
Human Resource Development Dept.